|Address:||Vivekananda Institute of Technology (VIT) Sector-36, Sisyawas NRI Road, Jagatpura Jaipur-303012 Rajasthan, INDIA|
|Contact Number:||0141- 4077999, +91- 9549360555|
|Affiliated To:||Rajasthan Technical University RTU ,Kota(REAP Code-69;Polytechnic Code-338)|
|Established In:||Data Not Available!|
The sprawling and lush green campus of Vivekananda Institute of Technology Jaipur is spread over 45 acres of land and is surrounded by JDA approved residential colonies. Vivekananda Institute of Technology Jaipur is a pioneer institute in the field of technical education and is about 6 km from Jaipur International Airport and about 20 km from Jaipur Bus Stand (Sindhi Camp) and the Jaipur Railway station. The campus can also be accessed by the nearest railway station at Jagatpura falling only 5 kms away.
It is one of the best Engineering colleges in Jaipur. The buildings at the institutes are well-ventilated and the spacious classrooms along with the techno – rich labs provide a conducive atmosphere for learning. Rendezvous in the vicinity of the campus helps the students with a positive diversion apart from studies. Special care has been taken for physically challenged students by providing a ramp and wheel chair in the academic block.
Eligibility Criteria:A Candidate must have passed any of the following examinations with Physics, Chemistry & Biology/ Mathematics with at least 35% marks. Intermediate examination in Science, 10+2 examination (Science academic stream)/ 1st year of the three-year degree examination in Science/ Pre-degree examination/12 years Higher Secondary Education Board Exam (Science academic stream with Physics, Chemistry & Biology) of Higher Secondary Education Board, Nepal/ any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy Council of India as equivalent to any of the above examinations [OR as may be amended by the competent authority].
Admission Procedure:25% management seats shall be filled by the institute itself through on-campus counseling on the basis of prescribed criteria.75% of the seats shall be filled on the basis of percentage of aggregate marks obtained in qualifying exam in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics and English through online off-campus counselling by HSTES/NIC [OR as may be amended by the competent authority].
Electrical Engineering (Seats 60)
Mechanical Engineering (Seats 60)
Eligibility Criteria:A Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects: Chemistry/ Bio-Technology /Computer Science /Biology by securing atleast 45% marks (40% in case of SC /ST candidates) in aggregate from a recognized Board/ University [OR as may be amended by the competent authority.]
Admission Procedure :>25% management seats shall be filled by the Institute itself through on campus counseling on the basis of the prescribed criteria.>75% of the seats shall be filled on the basis of the inter-se-merit of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE- Main) through online off-campus counselling by HSTES/ NIC [OR as may be amended by the competent authority.]
Branches Available :
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (Seats 120)
- Computer Science & Engineering (Seats 120)
- Electrical Engineering (Seats 180)
- Mechanical Engineering (Seats 180)
- Civil (Seats 120)
Eligibility Criteria:A Candidate must hold a Bachelor degree of three year duration or Postgraduate degree in any discipline with atleast 50% marks (45% in case of SC/ST Candidates) in aggregate from a recognized University or an examination recognized by Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak as equivalent thereto OR Final Examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India/Institute of Costs and Works Accountants of India/Institute of Company Secretaries of India [OR as may be amended by the competent authority.]
Admission Procedure:25% management seats shall be filled by the institute itself through on-campus counseling on the basis of prescribed criteria.75% of the seats shall be filled on the basis of the scores of Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) conducted by AICTE through online off-campus counselling by HSTES/NIC. [OR as may be amended/ reviewed by the competent authority.]
Branches Available :
Admissions to the MBA course is done through councelling done on the basis of rank scored in Central Management Apptitude Test (CMAT) which is conducted annualy.
FEE Details for B.Tech (2015-16) Tution Fee: Rs. 49,000 Development Fee: Rs. 21,000 **Total : Rs. 70,000 per annum
FEE Details for Diploma(2015-16) Tution Fee: Rs. 18,500 Development Fee: Rs. 9,500 **Total : Rs. 28,000 per annum
Registration Fee: Rs. 1000/- (Non Refundable Fee)
Caution Money: Rs. 7500/- (Refundable on Course Completion)
For Session 2016-17 , the fee structure is likely to undergo revision
The well equipped and fully functional laboratories in all the departments of engineering at Vivekananda Institute of Technology is adding feathers to the glory of the campus.
The Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities is well equipped with the following Laboratories with facilities to conduct experiments as per the Scheme of the Rajasthan Technical University and as specified by the AICTE.
1. Engineering Physics Lab
2. Engineering Chemistry Lab
3. Chemistry and Environmental Engg. Lab
4. Digital Multimedia Language Laboratory
Salient features: (1) The Department is equipped well. (2) It engages regular tutorials to provide the students better understanding of subjects
Electronics workshop: This workshop is designed to keep the students update and familiar with the basics of Electronics, Digital Electronics and Linear Integrated Circuits. This workshop is equipped with all major equipments like CROs, function generator, bread board, multimeters etc. Students learn to design different circuits like Rectifiers, Amplifiers etc on bread board which facilitate to develop different projects. Emphasis is given to have hands-on experience.
Electronic Measurement & instrumentation Lab: In this lab Students get knowledge about Measuring instruments and Transducers. In this lab students Measure the Pressure, Temperature, force, Displacement, Light and Load in terms of Electrical Voltage or Current using Transducers. Transducer is a device which converts Physical quantity into Electrical quantity. In this lab we have 10 major Transducers and 3 Bridges which are: LVDT Kit, RTD Kit, Thermistor Kit, Thermo couple Temperature transducer Kit, Load Cell, Strain Gauge, Pressure Cell, LCR Bridge, Ultrasonic Transducer, Light Measurement Kit, Maxwell Bridge, Anderson Bridge, Capacitance Bridge.
- Mechanical Workshop
- Basic Mechanical Engineering Lab
- Automobile Lab
- Material Science & Testing Lab
- Production Engineering Lab
- Thermal Engineering Lab
- Mechanical Vibrations Lab
- CAM & Robotics Lab
- Mechatronics Lab
- Industrial Engineering Lab
- Kinematics of machines Lab
Vivekananda Institute of Technology provides separate hostel facility for boys and girls. Since these hostels act as the second home of the students for four years, full care has been taken to make the accommodation peaceful, secure and comfortable which would provide the inmates an environment for development.
- Total number of rooms (Boy’s) – 485
- Total number of rooms (Girl’s) – 285
- Fully furnished, clean rooms
- Water purifying system installed for drinking water
- TV room and indoor games facility
- Geysers for hot water during winters
- Resident warden and residential faculty
- Hygienic, nutritious and home like vegetarian meals and snacks
- Medical Facility
Data Not Available!
Data Not Available!
The institute recognize the importance of sportsman spirit and team effort for students. This can be learned in congenial environment through sports and games.For this the Campus has adequate sports facilities and state-of-the-art infrastructure. A number of inter and intra college sports events are organized throughout the year to enable the students to develop a spirit of healthy competition and team effort.The Campus has adequate sports infrastructure e.g. Cricket, Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Hockey, Badminton, Table Tennis, Chess and several other indoor and outdoor games.
- A well furnished cafeteria and canteen is located in the center of the campus. Hygiene and cleanliness are the two important aspects of the cafeteria . A separate mess is provided along with the cafeteria. Hygienic, Spacious and well-ventilated cafeteria runs with wide range quality snacks & beverages for both faculty and students.Availability of tasty and nutritious food at reasonable rate is ensured by the institute.Cafeteria serves North Indian, Chinese, Italian, Continental, South Indian, Snacks and a variety of Beverages.
- The campus has been bestowed with a State Bank of India (SBI) ATM machine.This endeavor will not only ease the students in dealing with money in a much easier way but also give them a platform to manage their paper money efficiently. This will also help the students at the time of urgency in money matters for the residential as well as day scholars. Another ATM of ICICI Bank Ltd. is located at a walking distance from the college campus .
- To undergo events like seminars, conferences,cultural programmes, debates, skits and pre-placement talks Vivekananda Institute of Technology has an auditorium which facilitate the students to carry out their activities in the right environment, smoothly and with ease.
- The Auditorium is centrally air cooled,fully equipped with latest Audio-Visual Electronic Devices to accommodate students for various activities . Seminar halls are also available for meetings, workshops, Students Presentation, Project Presentation, Panel Discussion and Interactive Session.
- Apart from the computer laboratories setup for syllabus programs the Institutes have provided computer centers for general purposes and learning during extra hours. These facilities are also available to students beyond college hours for preparation of seminars & projects and research-orientated work. The entire campus including the hostels, is wi-fi enabled and students can access the internet on their laptops round the clock. 50 MBPS Wireless radio link. Wi-Fi facility 24 hours in campus. Dedicated INTERNET LAB with more than 400 systems
The Placements, both for final jobs, and Summer Internships is an integral part of any business school annual calendar of activities. Vivekananda Institute of Technology has a well laid-out and systematic process of dovetailing our student’s career aspirations with corporate’s expectations. The Placement Department at Vivekananda Institute of Technology comprise of the Student Committee with 15 members from the last three years of the course and the Placement Department represented by the Placement Managers, Faculties and Industry Professionals. The leading companies from all sectors are invited by the Placement Department in the campus, where as the eligible students are facilitated to go through the entire selection process. The entire process is governed by the student’s ability and performance, as well as the requirements and norms of the Industry. We leverage human capital for competitiveness by nurturing knowledge, entrepreneurship and creativity. We believe it is these strengths that will help us to successfully compete in a globally and exploit emerging opportunities. We reward the will to succeed and the desire to compete with the best in the world.
- Hippo Innovations Pvt Ltd
- Naggaro Software
- Intel Security
- 3DPLM Software Solutions Ltd.
- Fiserv India Pvt. Ltd.
- PriceWaterHouseCoopers Pvt. Ltd.
- Mahindra, SSG ,Barracuda Networks Inc. ,Samundra Maritime Services, Tecnics Manglam Electrical Industries Pvt. Ltd., Bosch V2Serve BPO Pvt. Ltd., Metric Stream Phimetrics Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Intellipaat Software Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Tega Industries Ltd. Webyog Good Through Solutions Pvt. Ltd. ZS Associates AU Financiers India Ltd. Yodlee Infotech Software Universal Hunt Analytics Quotient Cape Electric Pvt. Ltd. Ericsson OBO Bettermann Pvt. Ltd. Indian Army Syntel Interglobe Technologies Axtria Vistara Airlines Innoeye Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Infosys Ltd Maintec Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Indian Navy InfoBeans Technologies Ltd. Data, Infosys, NIIT Technologies, CMM Level Mphasis ,Tata Consultancy Services ,Gram Power India Pvt. Ltd., Fujitsu ,Apple ,Nine Daffodil Software, Sanmar Engg. Technologies Ltd.